Saturday, August 8, 2009

My Space

Sometimes I just want to tell the whole world... "My space is 'my' space; it is not 'your' space. Please don't invade it unless I invite you to." Does this make me a non-hospitable and unfriendly person? Don't get me wrong... I love people, and I love being with people. But I also love being with myself. Sometimes I think we all just need to do that. Even Jesus, who was always surrounded by those he loved, routinely went away by himself. That's good enough for me; you know what they say ... WWJD. So, call me a hermit, or a snob, or just plain weird. That's fine with me - because I know that when I occasionally just get away, even if it is only in my head, I can then come back and be a better "me" for you to be around. In this crazy and too busy world... solitude is healthy; it is pleasurable; it is a gift from God. Thank you, God.

No comments: