Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow!

Snow in Alabama? It is a rare occurrence, but nevertheless exactly what we have today. It began at 7:00 a.m. and has not stopped (it is now 12:45 p.m.). We are expecting around 6 inches, and believe me, that is BIG snow for Alabama. The city has pretty much shut down ... except my office, and a few others. Of 60 or so employees, there are only about six of us still here. If we leave we have to take vacation time, and I am too stubborn to do that. I hope I don't regret it later. I am sitting by a window and watching the snow fall; it is breathtakingly beautiful! How can anyone experience nature and not believe in God? Today He is showing out in the deep south, and we are loving it! It is Friday, so it will be a weekend of Santa Fe soup in the crock pot, hot chocolate, chick flicks, quilting, and of course, church on Sunday. It just doesn't get any better than that this time of year. I saw a picture on WSFA.com of a snowman driving a John Deere tractor; too cute! More on the snow later!

No comments: